[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get Segmentation Fault on FC3

Charles Fox charles@robots.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 04:21:02 2005

Thanks for your reply -- here are the details for my apt and rpm.
The 'almost' clean installation -- I've installed MP3 support for xmms and
k3b; also Eclipse, Java, realplayer, acrobat, the Edinburgh Festival
Speech Synthesizer, and MLDonkey.  Annoyingly, I have a second machine at
work with fresh FC3 on it, with just Java and Eclipse and MP3 support; and
apt is working fine on there :(  It is definiately apt itself that is
broken, not the CCRMA downloads; if I comment out all the ccrma sites from
the apt config files, I still get a seg fault.  Looks like I'm going to
have to reinstall my OS again :((

[charles@host217-42-38-93 ~]$  rpm -q -i apt
Name        : apt                          Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.5.15cnc6                        Vendor: Planet CCRMA
Release     : 3.rhfc3.ccrma                 Build Date: Mon 24 Jan 2005
09:36:57 PM GMT
Install Date: Thu 17 Feb 2005 03:33:12 PM GMT      Build Host:
build.ccrma.stanford.edu
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM:
apt-0.5.15cnc6-3.rhfc3.ccrma.src.rpm
Size        : 2341689                          License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 24 Jan 2005 09:41:30 PM GMT, Key ID
c12beffc68d9802aPackager    : Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com>
URL         : https://moin.conectiva.com.br/AptRpm
Summary     : Debian's Advanced Packaging Tool with RPM support
Description :
A port of Debian's apt tools for RPM based distributions, or at least
originally for Conectiva and now Red Hat Linux. It provides the apt-get
utility that provides a simpler, safer way to install and upgrade
packages.
APT features complete installation ordering, multiple source capability
and
several other unique features.
[charles@host217-42-38-93 ~]$
[charles@host217-42-38-93 ~]$
[charles@host217-42-38-93 ~]$ rpm -q -i rpm
Name        : rpm                          Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.3.2                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 21                            Build Date: Tue 02 Nov 2004
02:54:42 AM GMT
Install Date: Sun 30 Jan 2005 02:39:29 PM GMT      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM:
rpm-4.3.2-21.src.rpm
Size        : 1410151                          License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 02 Nov 2004 03:02:54 AM GMT, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2Packager    : Red Hat, Inc.
<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : The RPM package management system.
Description :
The RPM Package Manager (RPM) is a powerful command line driven
package management system capable of installing, uninstalling,
verifying, querying, and updating software packages. Each software
package consists of an archive of files along with information about
the package like its version, a description, etc.