[PlanetCCRMA] MIDI help with new PlanteCCRMA setup

Mitchell Turner mmturner@mindspring.com
Tue Feb 15 08:57:01 2005

I am trying to get my 1st Linux system up and running with Planet CCRMA

I followed the instructions for installing Fedora 3 (the CCRMA
version), and have only one unresolved problem.
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html

The section on "configuring multiple sound cards" I was a bit fuzzy on.
  I think my mistake occurred here.

My MIDI devices go unrecognized.  For instance, If I open PD, there are
no MIDI devices to chose from.  The MIDI device (like the Edirol UM-1)
shows up as an audio device.  Twice, though I'm am unsure how, MIDI was
recognized using the OSS driver.

I am truly at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mitch