[PlanetCCRMA] Cdrom images

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Mon Feb 14 12:44:01 2005

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 02:52, Jean Batrel wrote:
>

>>Can I ask you, Fernando : are you planning new releases for the cdrom
>>images (RedHat updates and Planet CCRMA)?
>>I know you are very busy...
>>My difficulty is : I have a slow internet connection at home but I
>>can easily download CDs at my office and must fully reinstall my RedHat
>>9... Perhaps you can add this in the pipeline ?
>>

>I will add it to the pipeline, sorry it's taken me so long since the
>last update.
>

>>I have another question : is the Fedora Core 2 problem (in a dual boot
>>configuration with Windows) solved in Fedora Core 3 ?
>>

>I have not heard of it so most probably it is fine now.

i don't know if this has been fixed in fc3, but my first installation of
fc2 exposed this bug - you *must* create the fc2 partition *before* you
start the installation ... there is an option during the fc2 install
process to let it automatically partition the disk for you - you must
choose the manual option, and then tell it to install to the partition
you had previously created ...

otherwise, an automatic partition can wipe your windows location from
the master boot record (that's what happened to me, and not knowing at
the time how easy it was to fix, i ended up wiping everything on my
windows partition) ...

go here for more info:

http://lwn.net/Articles/86835/

http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/fc2.shtml