[PlanetCCRMA] building ati rpm

samuraiskillz@blueyonder.co.uk samuraiskillz@blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 15:33:01 2005

Hi there,

remember me talking about trying to get my ati 9700mobility card working
on my laptop with the 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma kernel.

well I tried to build an rpm using the rpm source at livna and I got this:

[root@localhost spoony]# rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686
ati-fglrx-8.8.25.1-0.lvn.4.3.src.rpm
Installing ati-fglrx-8.8.25.1-0.lvn.4.3.src.rpm
warning: user machbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group machbuild does not exist - using root
[...]
Building target platforms: i686
Building for target i686
error: Failed build dependencies:
        fedora-rpmdevtools >= 0:0.2.0 is needed by
ati-fglrx-8.8.25.1-0.lvn.4.3.i686

This all looks pretty crazy to me. What does it mean? Have I made any
progress?

dominic