[PlanetCCRMA] JACK isn't getting realtime

Jon B epxcv1y02@sneakemail.com
Sun Feb 13 12:54:01 2005

> Which distro? (I'll assume fc3 from your previous posts)
> Which kernel? ("uname -r" to find out)

yes.  FC3, 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma.

> If the kernel is one of the rdt series (latest is 2.6.10-0.5.rdt) and if
> you installed the kernel through the planetccrma-core-* meta packages
> then you should have the rtload script active that loads the realtime
> kernel module. See if the module is loaded:

oh, ok.  i didn't want to try those yet since they were "unstable" and
this one seems to be working decently.  i have 0.4 and 0.5 installed,
though.

>   /etc/rc.d/init.d/rtload status

I would do this, but I have started getting the "GDM is not able to
write to your authorization file", so I can't log in as a user
normally anymore.  I did the ctrl+alt+F1 thing, though, logged in as
user, and did it, and it says:

Realtime kernel module is loaded, current parameters are:
 any=1; gid=-1; mlock=1

But I don't know if that is a valid way to do it.  Now I have to
figure out how to log in normally.  *sigh*  I had to do
ctrl+alt+backspace because it locked up, and now I can't login.  i
tried deleting files, so it's not a full hard drive.

> If you are using the "normal" 2.6.10 kernel you also have to have the
> realtime module loaded.

Oh, ok.

> Yes, probably, those are excesive delays in scheduling.
>
> Another point is that jackstart is not needed for 2.6.x kernels, it will
> complain about the capabilities stuff but will work anyway. Try
> replacing "jackstart" with just "jackd".

Ok.  I should have said this was qjackctl, and it's just doing
whatever it was doing by default.  I will change it when I get back
into user mode.