[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.10-0.4.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel and Nvidia binary driver issue

Thu Feb 10 12:22:00 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 12:11, Dave Theodore wrote:
> Has anyone gotten the Nvidia 6629 driver (one that comes from Nvidia) to
> install on the 2.6.10-0.4.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma lernel under FC3?  I  searched
> around a bit and didn't find anything relevant to the 6629 driver.
>
> The driver installed perfectly fine with all the stock Fedora FC3
> kernels that I have tried as well as a variety of 2.4 kernels.  I'm
> beginning to feel that one of the ccrma included patches is causing the
> problem.

Sorry, I don't know why this is happening. Most probably the problem is
that the kernel is too new. The "rdt" series kernels are based on really
really recent kernels (for example 0.5.rdt is based on 2.6.11-rc3). So
things may have changed in the internals of the kernel that are not
contemplated in the nvidia glue code. In terms of patches I'm not really
adding much to the base kernel with the exception, of course, of Ingo's
realtime preempt patches...

-- Fernando