[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Loading modules at startup

Mon Feb 7 15:40:03 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 13:35, Jon B wrote:
> > For snd-seq-midi you can enable the alsasound startup script:
> >   /sbin/chkconfig alsasound on
> > On the next boot it should start snd-seq.
>
> hmmm.  doesn't load snd-seq-midi, but jack doesn't complain anymore, either.
>
> > You could add a explicit:
> >   /sbin/modprobe snd-virmidi
> > in /etc/rc.d/rc.local but that's a hack...
>
> how much of a hack?

Not much, just add that line to that file... What I meant by hack is
that there is probably a better more "proper" way of doing this.

> > No, sorry, not irc channels are available.....
>
> Not even anything similar?

You mean realtime messaging?
No, sorry, at least not for now. I don't know where I would get the time
for that (I'm lagging in email already :-)

-- Fernando