[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 2 and 3 support

Mon Feb 7 15:35:01 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 18:00, William M. Quarles wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > I think the latest 2.6.x kernels are working quite well. There are two
> > "branches" currently, one the standard 2.6.10 kernel (with the stuff
> > that enables you to use jack as a normal user) and the more experimental
> > ones that use the latest Ingo's realtime preempt patches[*]. The later
> > is not so stable, in the sense that some people have problems booting
> > into it. If it works in your hardware then it is very good in terms of
> > latency performance, I'd say better than 2.4.x.
>
> How does latency compare between the former and 2.4?

Sorry, I don't have hard numbers or statistics to publish...
Only subjective impressions.

> <snip>
> >On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 10:42, William M. Quarles wrote:
>  >
> >>On another note, is it possible to put a separate Planet CCRMA
> >>announcements is in the pipeline?
> >
> > I don't understand... announcements about what is in the pipeline? A
> > separate announcements list? Could you be more specific?
> >

> You have put out a lot of messages on the list with the subjects
> starting with words like "updates:," "updated:," "new section:," and the
> infamous "redhat 7.3/8.0 support."

Wow, I did not know it was "infamous"! :-)

> These are the kinds of messages that
> I think should be put on a separate list.

I see, thanks for the explanation. I'be been thinking on perhaps doing
something like this for a while, creating a "planetccrmanews" list in
addition to "planetccrma".

I have to come up with a plan on how to do this (ie: transfer current
list subscriptions to the new list before announcing it?), and of course
some time to actually do it :-)

I can think of (at least) one downside to this, anyone else with
comments regarding a new list for announcements only?

-- Fernando