[PlanetCCRMA] SMP weirdness

Thu Feb 3 12:08:01 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 11:45, Pablo Silva wrote:
> I'm having the most bizarre behaiviour of FC3 on my double-processor
> machine.
>
> Basically, though the machine boots up with an smp kernel (including
> standard FC3, and several smp versions of the PlanetCCRMA cores)
> without any apparent problems, keyboard and mouse are non-functional.
> Keyboard acts as if mapped to X cursor movement, and I can even control
> the cursor with it, mouse doesn't work at all.
> Is this some weird kind of configuration problem, or a problem with the
> kernels themselves? Would my recompiling the kernel manually help at
> all?
>
> If I boot the machine on a non-smp kernel, none of these problems occur
> at all.

That _is_ strange. Just in case, are you sure you have plugged them in
the right places (and not mouse in the keyboard port, for example)?

> I'm conscious that FC3 is still very much immature, but problems at
> this level do seem a bit out of normal!

I have not seen it myself. Maybe would be worth asking in the
fedora-users mailing list. I don't think rebuilding the kernel would
help, you would just get the same problem again. Do you see anything out
of the ordinary in the /var/log/messages message log when you boot smp?

-- Fernando