[PlanetCCRMA] SMP weirdness

Pablo Silva hpsilva@servidor.unam.mx
Thu Feb 3 11:46:01 2005

Hello:

I'm having the most bizarre behaiviour of FC3 on my double-processor
machine.

Basically, though the machine boots up with an smp kernel (including
standard FC3, and several smp versions of the PlanetCCRMA cores)
without any apparent problems, keyboard and mouse are non-functional.
Keyboard acts as if mapped to X cursor movement, and I can even control
the cursor with it, mouse doesn't work at all.
Is this some weird kind of configuration problem, or a problem with the
kernels themselves? Would my recompiling the kernel manually help at
all?

If I boot the machine on a non-smp kernel, none of these problems occur
at all.

I'm conscious that FC3 is still very much immature, but problems at
this level do seem a bit out of normal!

Thanks for the help...

Pablo