[PlanetCCRMA] Re: New freeverb?

Wed Feb 2 10:01:01 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 06:30, Timo Sivula wrote:
> I have been recording my father in law and my 3 year old daughter
> singing nursery rhymes (not the Genesis one but real ones) with Ardour.
> Great fun!
>
> I read you had updated Freeverb with some nanolevel noise to fix the
> denormal problem, so I updated CMT with synaptic:
>
> $ rpm -q cmt
> cmt-1.15-4.rhfc1.ccrma
>
> I understood there should be a new version of Freeverb there, but
> Ardour still only lists Freeverb (Version 3) and it causes the same
> trouble as earlier.
>
> Is there something I have missed? Should I update the effects in Ardour
> or how do I get your update for Freeverb in use?

The internal version of freeverb has not changed, the only thing that
changed is the release number of the package. I did work for me on
Fedora Core 3, did not test on FC1 but I don't think there should be any
problem. Maybe somebody else running FC1 can test?

Maybe the problem you have is different (ie: not denormals).
-- Fernando