[PlanetCCRMA] Another HDSP/Digiface problem...

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Tue Feb 1 11:56:02 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:34:50 +0100, Michael E. Smith <melkhorn@gmx.de> wrote:
<SNIP>
> The firmware loads now quite handily (Whoopie! and thanks!), but I
> thought I'd fried the headphone amp or something because although I'd
> gotten dancing lights on hdspmixer, no signal from the headphone amp.

Hi,
   Have you set a path in the hardware mixer (hdspmixer) and created
visible output on whatever channel drives the headphone output? For
instance, on my HDSP 9652 Jack nominally connects to ports 0 & 1. If I
want to send to spdif I have to do a route to get the audio there. I
suspect that your hdsp is similar.

   You can try this pretty easily with alsaplayer running under Jacl.
Go to QJackCtl's connections page and hook alsaplayer up to different
pairs and see which on generates audio. When you find it then create
the path in the hardware mixer using hdspmixer.

Good luck,
Mark