[PlanetCCRMA] detailed envy24control documentation?

D. R. Evans doc.evans@gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 08:35:02 2005

------=_Part_4739_11939626.1135960444686

> On the 1010LT, the non-XLR inputs are all line-level inputs.  They are
> not designed to be connected to a guitar.

Maybe that depends on the guitar?

My two main guitars are high-end Taylors using the "Expression Sound
System", and as far as I can tell they are intended to be plugged directly
into the XLR sockets (
http://www.taylorguitars.com/global/pdfs/02_ExpressionSystem.pdf) -- which
is a 300-ohm balanced system with a "professional quality pre-amp", which
sounds like it should work fine straight into the XLR inputs. It certainly
seems to be working OK; I do still need to check the sound quality with
headphones, but it sounded pretty good on my speakers yesterday when I got
things working.

------=_Part_4739_11939626.1135960444686

204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br><br>On t=
he 1010LT, the non-XLR inputs are all line-level inputs.&nbsp;&nbsp;They ar=
e<br>not designed to be connected to a guitar.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Maybe that depends on the guitar? <br>
My two main guitars are high-end Taylors using the &quot;Expression Sound
System&quot;, and as far as I can tell they are intended to be plugged
directly into the XLR sockets
(<a href=3D"http://www.taylorguitars.com/global/pdfs/02_ExpressionSystem.pd=
f">http://www.taylorguitars.com/global/pdfs/02_ExpressionSystem.pdf</a>) --
which is a 300-ohm balanced system with a &quot;professional quality
pre-amp&quot;, which sounds like it should work fine straight into the XLR
inputs. It certainly seems to be working OK; I do still need to check
the sound quality with headphones, but it sounded pretty good on my
speakers yesterday when I got things working.<br>

------=_Part_4739_11939626.1135960444686--