[PlanetCCRMA] device permissions

Nathaniel Virgo nathanielvirgo@gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:50:02 2005

------=_Part_3789_24907319.1134738201878

Hi,

I'm using Fedora core 4 and am using a joystick to interface with
SuperCollider.  The problem is that /dev/input/event3 - the device
corresponding to the joystick - is always created with permissions such tha=
only root can read from it.  (for some reason SuperCollider doesn't like
/dev/input/js0, which does have the correct permissions)  What is the
correct way to change the default permissions of a device?  I currently hav=
a boot script that changes them but if I unplug the joystick and plug it in
again the device gets re-created with the wrong permissions again.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nathaniel
http://headcube.net

------=_Part_3789_24907319.1134738201878

Hi,<br><br>I'm using Fedora core 4 and am using a joystick to interface wit=
h SuperCollider.&nbsp; The problem is that /dev/input/event3 - the device c=
orresponding to the joystick - is always created with permissions such that=
 only root can read from it.&nbsp; (for some reason SuperCollider doesn't l=
ike /dev/input/js0, which does have the correct permissions)&nbsp; What is =
the correct way to change the default permissions of a device?&nbsp; I curr=
ently have a boot script that changes them but if I unplug the joystick and=