[PlanetCCRMA] In Urgent Need of Help; Fedora 3 kernel 2.6.12ccrma; Qjackctl won't start as normal user;

Sat Dec 10 12:41:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 07:09 +0000, Mirco Scara wrote:
> Hello everybody. I am having a terrible problem with my newly installed
> Fedora core 3 planet ccrma kernel 2.6.12.
> I have installed the full package from Planet and followed all the
> instructions on setting the kernel/sound cards/interrupts/cdrom
> polling/hard disk tuning and all went well as it usually does but
> unfortunately when I try to start Jack (qjackctl) as a normal user jack
> won't start.
> I started Jack (qjackctl) via terminal as Root and it all works flawlessly.
> Can anybody point me in the right direction as regards to solving this
> problem?

What kernel exactly are you booting into?
Do a:
  uname -r
to know...

What does Jack print if you start it from a terminal (as a non-root
user):

  jackd -R -d alsa -d hw

-- Fernando