[PlanetCCRMA] New user; FC3 or FC4?

Fri Dec 2 16:39:01 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 23:54 +0100, paquita wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>

> >>OK, so I did install the planetccrma-core-edge package for FC4, but I
> >>got a kernel panic. Where can I find planetccrma-core for FC4?
> >>And should I provide debugging information about the kernel panic to
> >>somebody?
> >>

> >Sorry you are hitting a problem... first, there is no "planetccrma-core"
> >for fc4, you could just use the normal latest version of the fedora core
> >4 kernel, that should enable you to run apps with realtime privileges
> >but the latency performance will not be so good.
> >

> I'm now using the normal FC4 latest kernel (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4). I'm
> trying to install the planetccrma-audioapps metapackage, but apt
> complains about the MD5sum of two packages:
>
> [root@marlon apt]# apt-get install planetccrma-audioapps
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> (...many packages)
> Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386/planetccrma wxGTK-common
> 2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma [527kB]
> Get:2 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386/planetccrma wxGTK2
> 2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma [1623kB]
> Fetched 2150kB in 14s
> (149kB/s)
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.planetccrma/wxGTK-common-2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm
> MD5Sum mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.planetccrma/wxGTK2-2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm
> MD5Sum mismatch
> E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
> --fix-missing?

Arghh....
Sigh.
It should be fixed now.

Long story: A couple of days ago I made a mistake and erased the
original wxGTK packages from the repository. I reinstalled them but
apparently they are not exactly the same (the md5 checksum does not
match) and the apt server or client gets confused even though I
regenerated all the metadata for the repository. It has happened to me
once before, I think, and apt gets into a state which is very difficult
to fix. So I went ahead and rebuilt the packages with a release bump, it
is apparently the only easy way to fix this I know off.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
-- Fernando