[PlanetCCRMA] New user; FC3 or FC4?

Jan Depner eviltwin69@cableone.net
Fri Dec 2 15:59:02 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 23:54 +0100, paquita wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>

> >>OK, so I did install the planetccrma-core-edge package for FC4, but I
> >>got a kernel panic. Where can I find planetccrma-core for FC4?
> >>And should I provide debugging information about the kernel panic to
> >>somebody?
> >>

> >Sorry you are hitting a problem... first, there is no "planetccrma-core"
> >for fc4, you could just use the normal latest version of the fedora core
> >4 kernel, that should enable you to run apps with realtime privileges
> >but the latency performance will not be so good.
> >

> I'm now using the normal FC4 latest kernel (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4). I'm
> trying to install the planetccrma-audioapps metapackage, but apt
> complains about the MD5sum of two packages:
>
> [root@marlon apt]# apt-get install planetccrma-audioapps
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> (...many packages)
> Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386/planetccrma wxGTK-common
> 2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma [527kB]
> Get:2 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386/planetccrma wxGTK2
> 2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma [1623kB]
> Fetched 2150kB in 14s
> (149kB/s)
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.planetccrma/wxGTK-common-2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm
> MD5Sum mismatch
> Failed to fetch
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.planetccrma/wxGTK2-2.4.2-12.rhfc4.ccrma.i386.rpm
> MD5Sum mismatch
> E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
> --fix-missing?

    I had the same problem with those.  --fix-missing didn't help so I
downloaded and built wxGTK, libsndfile, and audacity from source.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should
be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744