[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP9652 muted on system start

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 05:47:01 2005

On 8/21/05, Michele Spinolo <michele.spinolo@tin.it> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a small (I hope:-) problem: my system is based on FC3
> PlanetCCRMA@Home and HDSP9652.
> When I start and log in all HDSP9652 channels are muted: as soon as I open
> HDSPMixer all channels are set correcly (I mean i do not have to move
> slides, etc...) and sounds comes out.

That's the way I do it.

> Does anyone know if it is possible to have all channels unmuted without
> starting HDSPMixer?

There are some commands on the HDSP page at alsa-project.org but I
don't know if they work. The developer purposely removed a lot of the
standard alsamixer commands from the HDSP driver so they may not. Look
there for at least an experiment you can run.