[PlanetCCRMA] possible trouble with newest FC3 updates

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Thu Aug 18 19:23:01 2005

> Are you actually using lam? (the other option is obviously erasing it).
> If so, do you know anything about "sweep" in lam-world?

Nope! Nope!

This isn't much of a problem for me, but I do think there are quite a few people who do the "install everything" when installing fedora.  I ran into this late last night while doing a straight forward upgrade from the repositories at ccrma.  I'm very much more concerned for some of the new folks just starting to use the planet.  In synaptic, this will pop up an error box and then abort all of the recent fedora and planet updates.  It's easy to just not sellect lam and get it done with because the error is easy to understand _if_ you have been using the rpm and apt systems.  My concern is only toward trying to keep this stuff as easy to use as we can.

Tracey.