[PlanetCCRMA] Advice on Music Laptop?

Henk Jansen henk.jansen1@tno.nl
Thu Aug 18 01:59:02 2005

What about a Dell Inspiron 8100? It's an old yet outstanding performer,
reccommended as a very good "used-laptop item"
(http://www.used-laptops-notebooks-guide.com/premium-used-laptops.html),
and Fedora Core 3 seems to be running fine on it
(http://www.cims.nyu.edu/~barnett/laptop_setup/). For music recording
purposes it also must be quiet and without electronic noise in the
circuit. Anyone experiences (or opinions) about the machine??

Thanks,

--Henk

--
Henk Jansen, MSc
TNO Defence & Security

The disclaimer that applies to e-mail from TNO
can be found on: http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html