[PlanetCCRMA] libtool dependency in FC3 PlanetCCRMA sound apps needs updating?

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Mon Aug 8 17:51:01 2005

> The problem is a fairly recent update to the compiler (coming from
> Fedora).
> Apparently apt does more strict checking of dependencies than yum...

I ran into this on the last updates and spent a little time on until I realized that it was a fedora problem that they needed to work out.  I did have a few choice words in the house here for whoever is doing the update stuff on fc3 though :)

I noticed that I could get everything settled with apt(synaptic), and then reinstall the libtool from the command line with rpm if needed;  with the understanding that apt would toss it next time.

The other package that seemed to get orphaned when they did the minor gcc update was the gcc4-c++ package that fedora had also thrown in earlier.

Tracey