[PlanetCCRMA] CDRW root only mounting

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Mon Aug 8 06:23:02 2005

I've been tuning up the fc3 machines here to get non-root access to various I/O(like the serial port for reading outside temps and external control), and have found that tweaking these files helps make things stick between boots.  These should also be looked into if you need the openGL stuff to work woth the nvidea drivers.  FC3 uses udev to create the /dev directories, which I think is really cool because it makes only the directories that are needed.  Most access(permissions) to I/O and devices are set in these files.

/etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions

and

/etc/security/console.perms