[PlanetCCRMA] /usr/bin/jackstart

Michael Jackson jackson@scsr.nevada.edu
Thu Aug 4 11:08:01 2005

Found this on a forum; might help:

are you running a desktop (gnome or kde) that is running it's own sound
server
(artsd for kde) or (esd for gnome) check a proccess list if you don't know
you will have to kill off the current running sound server before jackd
will start
or better yet configure your desktop so the sound server does not start
in the first place.