[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrading planetccrma from FC1 to FC3

Tue Aug 2 17:35:01 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 13:45, Joe Curtis wrote:
> I have been successfully operating a planetccrma FC1 setup on an old AMD
> K2 300 machine with 256k RAM and CM8738 & ES1371 sound cards for some 18
> months. I recently decided to try upgrading the setup to FC3. My initial
> attempt at doing the upgrade using the FC3 ISO images downloaded from
> the planetccrma site seemed to be OK until I tried to use APT when I
> started getting messages about missing libraries etc. My second attempt
> was to to install FC3 from scratch. Having installed FC3, I installed
> APT and downloaded and installed the planetccrma FC3 kernel. When I
> attempt to  boot using the planetccrma FC3 kernel the  system just
> reboots each time, however, booting from the original FC3 kernel gives
> no problems. Have you any suggestions as to how I should proceed.

Yuck, I've need anything like this. Can you see at what point the system
reboots? You may want to edit the boot command line in grub and disable
the "graphical boot" so that you can see the messages that are sent to
the console.

-- Fernando