[PlanetCCRMA] jack d at startup

Turkay Guner Turkay Guner <turkayguner@gmail.com>
Sun Apr 24 18:25:02 2005

------=_Part_2956_9590094.1114392263688

Ok then, i'll try to find that session file i hope i can...

On 4/25/05, Shayne O'Connor <forums@machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:
>=20
> Turkay Guner wrote:
>=20
> > Hi Shayne,
> >
> > I did what you told, but now, my user session is not starting any
> > more. I only can log as root. Login screen stucks after i enter the
> > password. I'm using Fedora Core 3 with Gnome. Tell me how can i fix
> > this, what should i do?
>=20
> hmm, that's no good ... could be a bit more complicated than just doing
> what i said then ... i have no problem having qjackctl startup at boot,
> but i don't have the jack server set to start when qjackctl does ...
> i'll test out what happens if i do ... (gulp).
>=20
> as for the immediate problem of logging in as normal user, you'll have
> to log in as root first, browse to the normal user's home folder and
> edit or delete the file that gnome keeps its session information in (not
> sure, am using XFCE4 myself, but it's probly in ~/.gnome/session).
>=20
> you should then be able to login as the normal user ...
>=20
> then you'll probly have to wait till someone else knows a bit more about
> what you want to do :)
>=20
> shayne
>=20

------=_Part_2956_9590094.1114392263688

Ok then, i'll try to find that session file i hope i can...<br>
ername">Shayne O'Connor</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:forums@machinehasnoagenda=
.com">forums@machinehasnoagenda.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin=
: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
old, but now, my user session is not starting any<br>&gt; more. I only can =
log as root. Login screen stucks after i enter the<br>&gt; password. I'm us=
ing Fedora Core 3 with Gnome. Tell me how can i fix
bit more complicated than just doing<br>what i said then ... i have no prob=
lem having qjackctl startup at boot,<br>but i don't have the jack server se=
t to start when qjackctl does ...
ate problem of logging in as normal user, you'll have<br>to log in as root =
first, browse to the normal user's home folder and<br>edit or delete the fi=
le that gnome keeps its session information in (not
br>you should then be able to login as the normal user ...<br><br>then you'=
ll probly have to wait till someone else knows a bit more about<br>what you=
 want to do :)