[PlanetCCRMA] No Sound using EMU10K driver w/SB Audigy Z2

Flash Love flashl@cox.net
Thu Apr 21 14:00:03 2005

Still researching sound prob, while at:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Creative+Labs&card=Sound+Blaster+Audigy2+ZS+Platinum+Pro.&chip=emu10k2%2C+CA0151%2FP16V&module=emu10k1
I noticed that the instructions for emu10k1 on this alsa-project page refer
to /etc/conf.modutil and /etc/conf.modules, there is nothing close to these
names on my machine.

Could the absence of one of these files be related to my being unable to get
sound?

Flash

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 05:40 pm, Flash Love wrote:
> A about five days ago, I performed a clean install of FC3 core and then
> installed planet-ccrma core and planet-ccram audioapps. Then ran alsaconf,
> alsamixer to "unmute", now, when using: "service alsasound start" the
> following occurs:
>
> service alsasound start
> Starting sound driver snd-emu10k1                          [  OK  ]
> Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
> Starting sequencer driver snd-emu10k1-synth                [  OK  ]
> Starting sequencer driver snd-seq-midi                     [  OK  ]
> Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1272: No
> soundcards found...
>                                                            [FAILED]

[snip]