[PlanetCCRMA] Re: conflict libasound installing ccrma on FC2

Mon Apr 18 21:26:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 19:43, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 06:05:57PM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > I'm not arguing the same thing over and over yet again. [...] You
> > are not going to help bring the future by willfully creating
> > incompatibilities now, [...]
>
> Wow, did I trigger this response? :(

No, the response (snipped off from your quote of my original text) was
actually that I did not think alsa-lib in particular should have been
renamed, creating an incompatibility with the other repositories and the
base distribution. No more, no less.

It was stupid on my part to use the word "willfully", and I apologize
for that. You did not, obviously, set out to create incompatibilities on
purpose. However the incompatibility is there, and remains, and nobody
forced you to create it or keep it.

Sorry if I sound too harsh.
-- Fernando