[PlanetCCRMA] FC3 versus FC2 - experiences (double edge?)

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Wed Apr 13 22:46:01 2005

Tracey Hytry wrote:

>Sorry for getting back later in the day on this.  I didn't get a chance to test it till now.
>

>>Anyway, it is 2.6.11-0.7.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma and is based on:
>>  2.6.11 +
>>  2.6.12-rc2 +
>>  realtime preempt 0.7.45-01
>>This is all garnished with a very nice:
>>  alsa version 1.0.9-0.3.rc2
>>sprinkled with tasty kernel modules for:
>>  2.6.10-2.1.ll, 2.6.11-0.3.rdt and 2.6.11-0.7.rdt
>>

>And I compiled the nvidia drivers, which I gently spread on top of it.

yeah, they are a satisfying addition to the dish :)

however, the nvidia nforce (mobo audio + lan driver) driver congeals
into little pieces of useless gristle beside the main course.

a good thing that the open-source forcedeth driver provides all the
hearty goodness required of network consumption :)