[PlanetCCRMA] Re: JACK configuration

Sat Apr 9 15:00:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:04, Bob Bailey wrote:
> Thanks.  Actually I am using the 2.6 kernels.  I had the same problem
> in both the latest stable release and a couple of the edge kernels.
> The issue seems to be related to the realtime patch.  I can start
> jackd, but not jackd-realtime (JACK Connection Kit gives 3 options in
> 'Server Path').

On fc2/fc3 (2.6.x based) you need to start "jackd", on fc1/rh9 you want
to use "jackstart". I don't know why qjackctl also shows jackd-realtime
(it does not exist in a regular install of jack) as an option, maybe
that's for a different distribution?

> How can I check to see that I have the realtime module loaded at boot
> and running?  I did find the following information when I checked
> 'serviceconf':
>
> Realtime kernel module is loaded, current parameters are:
> any=1; gid=-1; mlock=1

That means it's there. Or in a terminal do:
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/rtload status

I don't know why or when the message indicating that jack was running
realtime was dropped. I know that if you specify "-R" and it does not
complain then it is (probably?) running realtime.

-- Fernando