[PlanetCCRMA] jackd -R - no realtime indications?

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sat Apr 9 13:53:01 2005

Hello,
   I'm running the newest PlanetEdge kernel.

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ uname -r
2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc2.ccrma
[mark@Godzilla mark]$

   When I try starting Jack in a terminal with realtime priority I do
not see any indication that it's running realtime:

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ jackd -R -d alsa -d hw
jackd 0.99.36
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
nperiods = 2 for capture
nperiods = 2 for playback

There used to be a message showing that jack had received realtime
priorities. Has this been intentionally removed?

I note that if I start Jack with realtime in QJC that I see the RT
indicator on dim and no xruns, while if I start without realtime I do
not see the RT indicator and I get lots of xruns, so it appears that
RT is working, but there's no longer an indicator in the messages?

- Mark