[PlanetCCRMA] midisport usb and fc3...

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Sat Apr 9 08:45:02 2005

Louis van Dompselaar wrote:

> Well, ask questions and I'll see that I have on my machine.  I have
> FC3 and
> have a perfectly working 2x2.  Trouble is, I installed that early
> January and
> can't for the life of me remember exactly what I did, but I used this
> one:
> http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/

That's the one I used as well. Not that I have an 8x8.
Also, I sent this out last week:

 When I had a problem with the 8x8 being recognized I noticed that when
restarting alsasound I saw this:

=====
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-usb-audio                        [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
=====

But, after the fix, alsasound start replies:

 =====
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-usb-audio                        [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer driver snd-seq-midi                     [  OK  ]
 =====

you might check yours.

> I don't have anything in my modprobe.conf for the midisport;
> everything is
> through hotplug.

Not for me. I have the usb device defined as snd-card-1

alias eth0 3c59x
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-ice1712 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ice1712 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-ice1712 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-ice1712
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394