[PlanetCCRMA] Re: latest kernel rocks

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Sun Apr 3 15:52:01 2005

--------------030506050502030004020501

Mark Knecht wrote:

> However I think from my one trip to CCRMA that Fernando has so many
> machines to manage on campus that Gentoo as a distro for all of those
> would be an insane amount of work for him to set up there, but
> something like this would be great for so many of us out here. I think
> many audio users would use Gentoo if they had support as great as what
> we get here.

How much work would it be, do you think, if we took this on?

Also: how hard is it to change a current FC3 distro to a gentoo?

brad

--------------030506050502030004020501

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Mark Knecht wrote:
 type="cite">However I think from my one trip to CCRMA that Fernando
has so many<br>
machines to manage on campus that Gentoo as a distro for all of those<br>
would be an insane amount of work for him to set up there, but<br>
something like this would be great for so many of us out here. I think<br>
many audio users would use Gentoo if they had support as great as what<br>
we get here.</blockquote>
would it be, do you think, if we took this on?<br>