[PlanetCCRMA] FC2.1vP9 - jackstart just quits...

Steve Blackwell zephod@cfl.rr.com
Thu Sep 30 19:03:01 2004

On 30/09/04 00:17:39, Mark Knecht wrote:
> <SNIP>
> I do not get the
>
> load =
>
> lines unless I wiggle my mouse by hand. Looks to me like you're
> working. Now you want to bring down your latencies and make sure you
> still do not get xruns.
>
> Congrats!

I'm not convinced I have thinks working correctly yet. Last night I
downloaded alsaplayer to try your experiment but when I pop in a CD
(Johnny A) and run:

$ alsaplayer -o jack
Failed to load output plugin "jack". Trying defaults.

so I don't think it is using jack. Is there a separate plugins rpm I
need? I am able to hear the CD.

Also I get some pretty weird things happening when I run muse.
muse-0.7.0-1.rhfc2.ccrma.

When I start it I get this message:

cca_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service '14541'
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling ladcca

but the GUI starts up and I can see that jack 'sees' it. When I quit
muse, it shuts down and then immediately restarts itself. ?!?

> Do you have any good notes on how you patched your kernel? I'd like
> try this under Gentoo where I don't have the problemsee what it
> works like.

I didn't write it down but I'll e-mail you what I did off list.

Steve.