[PlanetCCRMA] FC2.1vP9 - jackstart just quits...

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Thu Sep 30 01:16:01 2004

Hello Mark,

>     Can you or anyone else point me toward the artsd configuration in
> Linux that tells it to use Alsa. Little Arts warning sounds are getting
> played and blocking Alsa at times, or at least blocking Jack. Not sure
> why, but I kill the artsd process and then Jack runs, so I assume arts
> has grabbed the hardware.

Did you know that on KDE 3.3, or latest artsd, there's already JACK
support? I've been running it quite happily as default on my SUSE 9.1 Box,
provided some appropriate scripting on qjackctl.

It's nice and confortable to have all KDE multimedia audio output now
being routed through the JACK graph now.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org