[PlanetCCRMA] No frills window manager

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Wed Sep 29 18:02:02 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:34:54 -0400, Andres Cabrera
<acabrera@teleset.com.co> wrote:
> Thanks very much for your suggestions,
> I've gone with fluxbox, which installed great (from the Fedora
> packages), and I haven't had any configuration troubles (they show up
> soon, I guess...). It looks great in its simplicity as well. This is
> what I was looking for.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrés

Sorry - I just noticed that you are using the version supplied via
RPM. This probably means it's a bit out of date. On many applications
I don't think this matters, but on fluxbox I find it's been good for
me to keep pretty up to date. For this reason I build from tarball or
CVS. Give it some consideration for yourself. There have been many
things fixed recently, as well as many changes in the way the menuing
system and themes work. It might be good to get off to a good start.