[PlanetCCRMA] FC2.1vP9 - jackstart just quits...

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Sep 29 16:15:02 2004

R Parker wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> A setup strategy that might be interesting for you
> would be to use run levels. Run level 5 is default.
> Run level 3 is available and can be customized to suit
> your needs.
>
> To switch run levels:
> *logout of current session, probably runlevel 5
> *Alt+F1
> *telinit 3
> *startx
>
> To configure a run level:
> System Settings : Server Settings : Services
>
> You can configure any of the run levels within the
> Services interface so be sure to open the one you want
> to work on. Maybe that's enough info to get you
> started. Otherwise poke around the online Redhat
> documentation.
>
> ron

Ron,
    Thanks for the pointers about KDE. Very helpful.

    Can you or anyone else point me toward the artsd configuration in
Linux that tells it to use Alsa. Little Arts warning sounds are getting
played and blocking Alsa at times, or at least blocking Jack. Not sure
why, but I kill the artsd process and then Jack runs, so I assume arts
has grabbed the hardware.

thanks,
Mark

p.s. - I'll get back to you about the upcoming gig. Just not a lot of
time and apparently the band is breaking up and they want it to be
something else... ;-)

Cheers