[PlanetCCRMA] Clean FC2 install - no alsaconf - wrong Alsa drivers?

Tue Sep 28 14:45:00 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 13:36, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I did an updatedb/slocate alsaconf and came up with nothing. Is it
> possible that alsaconf escaped the bleeding edge alsa compile, or is it
> somethign to do with the next problem?

"alsaconf" is part of the Planet CCRMA alsa-utils package. As outlined
in a previous email you need to install the proper kernel-module-alsa to
get the latest version (not the one included in the kernel itself).

Try doing a:
apt-get install alsa-utils
if it is not already there.
Or install the planetccrma-core rpm, which will bring an older kernel
you can ignore and all the alsa goodies.

Also, if you installed FC2 then alsa is probably already configured by
the installation process (as FC2 uses alsa by default). It should work
without reconfiguring it. That's something I have to fixin the web site
with detailed FC2 specific configuration instructions.

-- Fernando