[PlanetCCRMA] FC2 Bleeding Edge install question

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 14:04:01 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:23:52PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I've been running a Gentoo 2.6.8.1 modified kernel on this same machine.
> Both CDRW and DVD+RW burning have been working very well for me. However
> there have been a large number of bugs fixed recently in k3b-0.11.17
> (one of my very favorite Linux apps) and I think that version is not in
> the Planet's library if I understood Synaptic correctly. I intend to
> build that one this afternoon and verify that it works with this kernel.

Thanks for the tip, it looks like the least-bad CD writing interface I've
seen, you can get FC2 RPMs here:
http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/2/stable/RPMS/

Not tested yet, but the UI works, and is *gasp* intuative.

- Steve