[PlanetCCRMA] Clean FC2 install - no alsaconf - wrong Alsa drivers?

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Tue Sep 28 13:37:01 2004

Hi,
    I did an updatedb/slocate alsaconf and came up with nothing. Is it
possible that alsaconf escaped the bleeding edge alsa compile, or is it
somethign to do with the next problem?

    Of more concern is that I seem to have the wrong Alsa installed. I
cannot shell in and copy the info here, but I did:

(please excuse typos here. There are no complaints on the screen.)

apt-get install kernel-module-alsa-2.6.8.1-1.520.1vP9.ll.rhfc2.ccrma

and it completed without any messages. If I do it again now I'm told I
am already up to date.

However cat /proc/asound/version reports

ALSA Version 1.04 compiled on Aug. 24th for kernel
2.6.8.1-1.520.1vP9.ll.rhfc2.ccrma

    It seems like something is not quite right. Did I get the wrong
kernel-module-alsa package somehow???

Thanks,
Mark