[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 1 or 2

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Sep 27 10:54:01 2004

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 10:11, Mark Knecht wrote:

>>>I'm in a similar situation (suspending doesnt work usefully in 2.4), sp
>>>I'm using bleeding edge Planet. FWIW, its working very well as long as I
>>>temporarily disable the CPU frequency sclaing features (I have a script to
>>>do it).
>>>
>>>I've also installed FC2 on my studio desktop machine (I was feeling daring
>>>:) and thats running well too. A bit better than it was in 2.4 infact.
>>>It's an Athlon + via chipset + nvidia + hammerfall.
>>>
>>>For people playing with the IRQ threading stuff or using laptops I have a
>>>script that tries to intelligently turn on/off the 2.6 realtime features:
>>>http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~swh/rtsettings
>>>

>>Steve,
>>   The info is very useful. Thanks.
>>
>>   Can you say at this point that with FC2 and the newest Jack 0.99-x
>>that you arent having any *major* problems? On my machines, and
>>apparently a number of other folks judging by the list trafic here and
>>elsewhere over the last week or so, it seems that something is going on.
>

> The temporary problem with prelink and jack (fixed in 0.99.0-2) were
> Fedora Core 1 specific. They should not have affected Fedora Core 2
> users... let me know otherwise.
>
> -- Fernando

I am currently looking for my copy of System Commander 7 so that I can
investigate partitioning my Gentoo laptop and doing an FC2 install. Like
Steve I think I'm best going this direction, but only using FC2 as a
comparison point for the realtime problems I'm having.

Who knows...there are too many options and decisions just get confusing.

Thanks for your help,
Mark