[PlanetCCRMA] Re: evolution mk-249c USB MIDI controller help

Thu Sep 23 09:42:02 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 19:35, Paul Coccoli wrote:
> Problem solved.  I had some mistakes in my modules.conf, and I need to
> add the OSS "audio" and "usb-midi" modules to /etc/hotplug/blacklist.

Glad to know it is working now...

> FYI, the guide linked in my previous message seems to be out of date.
> Instead of snd-usb-midi (which doesn't exist on my box), I had to use
> snd-usb-audio.  Otherwise, the sample modules.conf they give is a good
> start.
>
> How the hell is anybody supposed to figure this stuff out?  I've been
> running Red Hat since 1997 and it took me months.  I plan a more
> thorough write-up, but it's late...

Yes, sometimes it is frustrating. If you do a write-up of what you
needed to do please post it or send it to me. It could help me make the
install instructions more complete and/or accurate.

-- Fernando