[PlanetCCRMA] Unable to start alsamixer

Normand Fisher fishern@ncf.ca
Wed Sep 22 15:58:21 2004

Hi,
I am trying to install the Planet-CCRMA FC1 but I have not found how to get the alsamixer to run.
So far, I've installed the CCRMA kernel and as I try to start ALSA, I'm getting the following messages:

>[root@192 normand]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
>ALSA driver already running
>Starting sound driver snd-cmipci >/lib/modules/2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-cmipci.o: >init_module: No such device
>/lib/modules/2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-cmipci.o: insmod >/lib/modules/2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-cmipci.o failed
>/lib/modules/2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-cmipci.o: Hint: >insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including >invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
>insmod snd-cmipci failed
>                                                           [FAILED]

and,
>[root@192 normand]# alsamixer
>
>alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

My sound card appears to be working since I can listen to my tuner coming-in thru the line-in as well as record it using Rezound.  However, not having access to a mixer makes thing rather difficult (alsamixer, qamix and  HDSPmixer all refuse to start...).

Any pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Normand