[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2: planetccrma-core vs. ipw2100

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 10:03:01 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 01:16:54PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> If this has changed and there is a recommended CCRMA kernel for
> FC2/2.6.x I'll gladly build kernel modules for it. But I think the 2.6
> kernels are still in development and the recommended path for quality
> audio is to stay with FC1 and the ccrma kernels (for which there also
> exists kernel module support at ATrpms including ipw2100).

That will be fantastic. I've also got a T series IBM, and you pretty much
have to run 2.6 on them.

I'm going to bravely/stupidly try FC2 on my studio machine at home, to
hurry the Planet FC2 acceptance along :)

- Steve