[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2: planetccrma-core vs. ipw2100

Axel Thimm planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Sep 9 04:18:01 2004

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 08:33:04PM +1000, Peter Howard wrote:
> I believe the two repository maintainers - Fernando and Axel - read this
> list so hopefully . . .=20
>=20
> Anyway.
>=20
> I have a new toy; and IBM Tinkpad T41.  Which has a Centrino chipset.=20
> With FC2 installed.  So, to get wireless running I installed the ipw2100
> package from Axel's repository (specifically ipw2100-0.54-19.rhfc2.at
> and iwp2100-firmware-1.2-3.at and
> kernel-module-ipw2100-2.6.8-1.521-0.54-19.rhfc2.at).  Which also pulls
> in a supporting kernel (kernel-2.6.8-1.521) and supporting stuff.
>=20
> Now I try to install planetccrma-core and get the following errors:
>=20
> planetccrma-core: Depends: alsa-driver (=3D 1.0.5a-1.cvs.rhfc2.ccrma) but
> 1.0.6a-31.rhfc2.at is to be installed
>=20
> repeated for alsa-lib, alsa-lib-devel, and alsa-utils.
>=20
> Can I resolve this via some form of pinning and allowing multiples of
> those packages?  I am happy to have to boot for either wireless or
> CCRMA, so long as they can both be installed.  Could someone talk me
> through the settings?

currently ATrpms has no kernel modules built for CCRMA's FC2 kernels,
because they had been released only as testing, and Nando (and others)
didn't yet like FC2's and kernel 2.6.x current latency performance
(for good reason).

If this has changed and there is a recommended CCRMA kernel for
FC2/2.6.x I'll gladly build kernel modules for it. But I think the 2.6
kernels are still in development and the recommended path for quality
audio is to stay with FC1 and the ccrma kernels (for which there also
exists kernel module support at ATrpms including ipw2100).
--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--