[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Mon Nov 29 19:33:01 2004

hi mark

> I guess my input would be to start over from scratch. Erase all the
> directories, reinstall the jack_fst and fst code, reload the Steinberg
> files, etc.

well, i wiped all the directories and files and started again (which was
a good idea, because it appears i had a lot of invisble files in those
directories, looked a bit messy) - and ... SUCCESS!!!

> This is a tough program to install and get working. Took
> me over a month what with these sorts of compile problems, problems
> with different versions of Wine, and then working to get the jack_fst
> patch.

yes, well the first thing i did was to fire up jack and then muse, and
then i tried running Crystal with jack_fst, it pops up for a second like
it did for andres, and then i get the segmentation fault ...

> [mrmachine@localhost mrmachine]$ jack_fst /home/mrmachine/linux-progz/audio/vst_plugins/Crystal.dll
> err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem Cannot use first megabyte for DOS address space, please report
> Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
> to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config file
> Segmentation fault

i'm using wine 20040914 on fedora core 2 - should i downgrade to 20040505, or use that jfst.c patch for the 20041019 version of wine and recompile jack_fst?

after installing the appropriate version of wine (which one are you currently using - still the 20040505?), i'll probly wipe fst and jack_fst again, start from scratch just to make sure.

thanx for taking the time from your own troubles to help out :)

shayne