[PlanetCCRMA] Recompile kernel from src rpm

Rick B zajelo3@cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 29 19:29:01 2004

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 17:33, Peter Lutek wrote:
>

>>>  rpmbuild -bp kernel-xxx.spec
>>>

>>yeilds:
>>
>>error: Architecture is not included: i386
>>

>then:
>  rpmbuild -bp --target i686 kernel-xxx.spec
>(or i585)
>-- Fernando

Yes, that same thing happend to me. So I did the "rpmbuild -bp
--target=i686 kernel-xxx.spec" thing, cd to BUILD did "make xconfig"
changed the stuff I wanted, copied the resulting .config to i686.config
and I guess that's where I went wrong (I think?), because evidently it
used the i686.ccrma.config not the new i686.config when I did the final
"rpmbuild -ba --target=i686 kernel-xxx.spec". Anyhow, whatever I did
wrong I ended up with a kernel-xxx.i686.rpm and a
kernel-sourcecode-xxx.i686.rpm and that's familiar territory to me. So
since I now have the kernel-sourcecode I can now xconfig and build from
that directory.  Fernando, I really appreciate your taking time out of
your busy day to help me. I'll do some reading on this to get it
straight in my head and possibly figure out what I did wrong.

                     Rick B