[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack_fst - Library requirements

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Mon Nov 29 17:27:08 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:50:02 +1100, Shayne O'Connor
<forums@machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:
> well - this is what i get now:
<SNIP>

> i tried compiling with both the original jfst.c and mark's patched one, but it doesn't really make a difference :(
>
> shayne

Very strange. I'm sorry you're having troubles.

I guess my input would be to start over from scratch. Erase all the
directories, reinstall the jack_fst and fst code, reload the Steinberg
files, etc. This is a tough program to install and get working. Took
me over a month what with these sorts of compile problems, problems
with different versions of Wine, and then working to get the jack_fst
patch.

I hope you're not going to be disappointed when you get done. I'm
running a few VSTs very well, but most don't work. Don't get your
hopes up too high, OK?

I assume that you are on a Planet box of some sort since you're on
this list. What underlying version of RH/FC are you using?

I'm not sure that I've built this one on my FC2 box yet. That's now on
the TODO list, but it's behind moving a GigaSampler hard drive to a
consolidated Windows box that now runs all my Windows soft synths.
(You think you have problems?!?!?) ;-)

I can probably try this in the next day or two under FC2 and make sure
there are no major issues if it would help you and others here, but I
think some folks have already done this...

Gee....no wonder Fernando wasn't sure about supporting this stuff. Any
wonder? ;-)

Good luck,
Mark