[PlanetCCRMA] intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG with planetedge kernels

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Wed Nov 24 10:36:04 2004

ok... no more "W".

incidentally, i flipped back into the 2.6.8 kernel and got this all
running again so i could retrieve the correct hardware address. it was
shocking how easy it was to set up. anyway, back in 2.6.7, i put the
HWADDR line in /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcfg-eth1, to no
avail. error messages in var/log/messages remain the same, except for
the addition of one from system-config-network, complaining about
"wireless" in  /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth1 and
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth1, which seem to be
copies of /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 generated by
system-config-network.

-p