[PlanetCCRMA] intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG with planetedge kernels

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Wed Nov 24 08:38:01 2004

some things i just noticed:

on the "devices" tab of system-config-network, eth1 was showing a
regular ethernet icon; changing ifcfg-eth1 to make the TYPE "Wireless"
rather than "wireless" changes that icon to the wireless icon -- so we
know the type should be "Wireless". on the "hardware" tab, eth1 is still
labelled as type Ethernet, and has the ethernet icon. how do we get the
ipw2200 hardware recognized as "Wireless"?

-p