[PlanetCCRMA] Re: El-cheapo: How to test 3 cards simultaneously?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Wed Nov 24 01:01:01 2004

> Timo Sivula
> The Web Mail UI crashed and I am not sure if the mail left or not... Sorry
> for the double post, if this came through already.
>
> Mark wrote:
>
>>Well, if all three cards are really there then how about
>>esting them in Jack? Start up qjackctl and start Jack
>>synced to any one of the cards. Start up 3 instances of
>>alsplayer playing a different file. Hook up each alsaplayer
>>to a different card. Hear separate sound from each card.
>
> This is exactly what I would like to do, but I do not know how to. I can
> only see one alsa_pcm device in the connections window of Qjackctl. In the
> setup window I am only able to choose one of the soundcards at a time,
> e.g. either hw:0, hw:1 or hw:2, but only one at a time. The setup window
> has no option for more than one card at a time. I would like to run all
> three at once to have three alsa_pcm devices in the connections window.
> How do I do that?

Most probably, you'll have to change the driver interface name to the one
you inscribed on your asoundrc file, instead of "hw:0", "hw:1" nor "hw:2",
which referr to each individual card device.

I'm only catching the topic this time, but I guess you had to do a special
asoundrc configuration to gang your three cards, hadn't you?

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@rncbc.org